Fantasy Farm Banquet Hall & Event Centre enjoys a rich and storied history in an area of Toronto that was once known as the village of Todmorden. The original 18th century owners of the property were the Skinner family. Brothers Isaiah and Aaron Skinner were granted the land on the banks of the Don river by Lieutenant-Governor John Graves Simcoe, in order that they might build a mill to provide lumber to the settlement of York.

Over the years the property changed hands several times before eventually being bought by Rand Freeland in the 1940’s for the tidy sum of just $500! It was here that Freeland nursed a beloved horse named silky back to health. Freeland christened the property “Fantasy Farm” and began to host banquets and celebrations of all types on the property. Rand Freeland fell in love with the giant white pines, bur oaks, and massive elms, surrounding his property on the Don river, as well as the diverse wildlife which inhabited the surrounding areas. Freeland recognized the importance of conservation, as did his good friend, and celebrated conservationist, Charles Sauriol. Together the two men co-founded the Don Valley Conservation Association (DVCA). The official plans for the Don Valley Conservation Association were launched at Fantasy Farm on October 19th 1953. It was recommended that the beauty of the Don valley be recognized and preserved for future generations.


Today couples and families from all over southern Ontario continue to make their way to Fantasy Farm Banquet Hall & Event Centre to celebrate the hallmarks of their life among the rich nature and history of the Don valley.